Saturday, June 23, 2007

libsecondlife check-up & some more crash debugging

Today was the time to try out where is the libsecondlife since the last time i played with it..

I quickly checked out the testclient - more commands have been added since the last time I tried, now I can sit on things, touch things, stand up, walk, follow someone else, im, whisper, shout - quite a reasonable set of activities :-)

while testing it I had launched the windlight firstlook client, and I think I figured out why Vint was crashing with the firstlook - looks like I got the same problem on it, with the exception that the debug output is dumped...

So, there are two reasons:


  1. close the IM window
  2. group notice or group chat event (not sure yet)


both seem to be related to some packet being unhandled.

Needless to say, that the testclient.exe from the libsecondlife handles everything just great.

Wonder how many crashes are actually caused by the improper network traffic - if many/most - maybe we can have a sanitizing proxy :)

No comments: